Day 105, Thurs 13 April
Today’s thank yous go to:
- The many committee and crew members of Dunmore East Lifeboat for such a great reception, organising my overnight stay for me at The Haven and fixing Fondo’s wobbly pannier rack.
- George Pepper, the Waterford cyclist who joined me for a few miles on the road to Tramore, shared very useful local knowledge and bought me a coffee.
- Frank N, Eamon M and Damian for meeting me at the bottom of the steep approach to their ILB Station at Tramore and the kind donation, via me, to the institution they have already given many years of voluntary service.
- Sean at Helvick Head for the full tour and history of the ILB Station.
- The Park Hotel in Dungarvan for the gratis accommodation and dinner in support of the RNLI
Another good day’s cycling. The rugged and scenic Copper Coast of County Waterford could easily be mistaken for the old tin mining bits of the West Cornwall coast. Some short, sharp climbs!